Making Pet Wellness Care More Personalized
At Companion Animal Hospital Lake Zurich, we understand your pet’s individuality and need for a care program that is shaped to fit their immediate and long-term needs. Wellness care promotes and supports a healthy life by offering early illness detection and various preventative options including vaccines, parasite control, and a balanced, doctor-prescribed diet. Your pet’s age, size, breed, and overall lifestyle will determine how we administer these treatments.
Detecting and Preventing Illness with Annual Exams
To keep their health in check, pets need yearly exams from a licensed veterinarian. With routine physical exams and other additional services, your pet can be screened for illness or parasites and receive timely treatment to prevent future problems and maintain their overall health.
- Exams involve looking for physical changes which may include skin growths, swelling, lameness, pain, and abnormal heart rate and/or breathing.
- Blood and Fecal Testing
- Lab diagnostics are an important way for us to screen your pet for internal health issues, which could include a parasite infestation or other diseases.
- Vaccines increase your pet’s disease immunity and protect them from harmful viruses.
- Parasite Preventatives
- Dogs and cats need year-round parasite protection to prevent infestations and parasite-transmitted diseases.
- An age-appropriate, balanced diet is a must for every pet. Our experienced staff works with you to choose exactly what your pet needs to ensure a long, healthy life.